Time for some good news in rugby!!!
Blacktown Council has notified us that it will open Alwyn Lindfield Reserve on Monday 1 June. Thanks to the good work of Rugby AU, NSW Rugby and Sydney Junior Rugby Union, the Norwest Bulls will commence a graduated return to training on Wednesday 3 June. The first teams to return to the training paddock will be the Under 14s, Under 15s and Girls Sevens teams. This will give us the chance to test things out with a small user group. We are returning to training in stages, to ensure that we get this right and do not expose our families to any increased risk.
Our return to training is subject to a number of strict requirements which we must all follow, without exception:
– No more than 10 participants can train per group, including coach
– All training activities must keep participants separated by 1.5m
– Players must bring their own water bottle – no shared bottles!
– Players are not to get changed at the ground or hang around afterwards
– Toilets, canteen and change rooms will be closed
– There will be no shared training gear used, except footballs (which will be washed before and after training)
– Players are to be dropped off and picked up at training. Parents and carers are not to remain at training as spectators.
– Non-essential volunteers are not to attend training.
No person is to attend training if they are displaying any cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, or if any member of their family is displaying symptoms.
Under 11s and 12/13s will resume training on Wednesday 10 June. Under 10s and Minis will resume training on Wednesday 24 June.
The latest information is that Sunday XVs comp will start on Sunday 19 July, and Minis and Girls Sevens will start on Saturday 25 July. This will depend heavily on our compliance with restrictions and the success of these precautions in the general community.
We will also distribute clothing in stages over the next few weeks in a highly controlled manner to reduce crowding and queuing in later weeks.
Please be patient as we work through all of this, and help our whole community by ensuring we stick to the requirements detailed above.
See you at training, 1.5 metres at a time!