Norwest Rugby’s COVID-19 Contact Officer is the Club President, Dennis Nothdurft. If any member of your family tests positive to COVID-19, please contact Dennis as soon as possible so that we can initiate NSW Rugby’s COVID-19 positive test protocol. Dennis can be reached on 0414 271199 or at .
We encourage all our members to download the COVID-19 App to your smartphones, to assist with contact tracing in the event of a positive COVID-19 test result.
The current set of precautions and restrictions are shown below. Coaches and Managers can assist families who have any enquiries about these requirements.
1. Training group number limits have been lifted.
2. Contact training is permitted.
3. Players must arrive ready to train. Change rooms and public toilets will not be open.
4. Participants must use their own water bottle. No shared bottles permitted.
5. Practise good hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be available to all teams. Participants must avoid spitting, coughing, clearing noses etc. No shaking hands or hugs please. Parents not involved in training must maintain social distancing.
6. ALL Coaches must record attendance at training and matches – NO EXCEPTIONS. Please take a photo of your training group and keep it on your phone. This is required for contact tracing in the event of a confirmed positive test.
7. Only one parent/carer per player as spectators please (not including parents who are team or match officials). Spectators must maintain their social distances and refrain from non-essential physical contact (eg, handshakes, hugs, high fives etc).
8. Players MUST NOT ATTEND training if they have cold and flu or COVID symptoms, or if any member of their immediate family has such symptoms.
9. Anyone who has been in Victoria in the last 14 days or at any of the COVID locations listed below must not attend any training or matches. NSW Government advice to people who have been in Victoria or in these locations during the dates/times listed is below, they must:
- immediately self-isolate until 14 days after you were last at the location
- get tested even if you have no symptoms
- watch for COVID-19 symptoms and get retested should any symptoms recur
- even if you get a negative test, you must stay in isolation for 14 days (this is because it can take 14 days before you may show symptoms or test positive).