Norwest Rugby Code of Conduct
Norwest Junior Rugby Union Club upholds and promotes the Sydney Junior Rugby Union’s Core Values, incorporating the “SJRU’s Spirit of Rugby”:
- Integrity – Integrity is central to the fabric of the game of rugby and is generated through honesty and fair play.
- Passion – The rugby fraternity have a passionate enthusiasm for the game of rugby. Rugby generates excitement, emotional attachment and a sense of belonging to the rugby family.
- Solidarity – Rugby provides a unifying spirit that leads to lifelong friendships, camaraderie, teamwork and loyalty, which transcends cultural, geographic, political and religious differences.
- Discipline – Discipline is an integral part of the game of rugby both on and off the field and is reflected through the adherence to the SJRU Competition Rules, SJRU Match Day Manual, SJRU Constitution, the Laws of the Game and rugby’s core values.
- Teamwork – Teamwork is essential to our game of rugby. We welcome all new team members and include all because working as a team enriches our lives. We play selflessly, working for the team, not for ourselves alone, both on and off the field. We take pride in our team, rely on one another and understand that each player has a part to play. We speak out if our team or game of rugby is threatened by inappropriate words or actions.
- Respect – Mutual respect forms the basis of our game of rugby. We hold in high esteem our game of rugby, its values and traditions and earn the respect of others in the way we behave. We respect our Match Officials and accept their decisions. We respect opposition players and supporters. We value our coaches and those who run our Districts / Clubs and treat our clubhouses with consideration.
- Enjoyment – Enjoyment is the reason we play and support the game of rugby. We encourage players to enjoy training and playing. We use our game of rugby to adopt a healthy lifestyle and build life skills. We safeguard our young players and help them have fun. We enjoy being part of a team and part of the rugby family.
- Principles – Strong principles underpin our game of rugby. We ensure that our sport is one of controlled physical endeavour and that we are honest and fair. We obey the Laws of Rugby, which ensure an inclusive and exciting global game of rugby. We support our disciplinary system, which protects our sport and upholds its values. We observe the sport’s laws and regulations and report serious breaches.
- Sportsmanship – Sportsmanship is the foundation upon which rugby is built. We uphold the rugby tradition of camaraderie with teammates and opposition. We observe fair play both on and off the pitch and are generous in victory and dignified in defeat. We play to win but not at all cost and recognise both endeavour and achievement. We ensure that the wellbeing and development of individual players is central to all rugby activity.